Electric generation in France
The French generators that are involved in the Union Française de l'Electricité (UFE), have decided to support transparency in the electricity market by publishing data regarding availability of the generating units included in the reference fleet. Besides, RTE provides data for publication of the realized generation by the units owned by UFE members.
All data and information, some of which are given by generators, are hosted by RTE and published on its Customer website.
The initiative allow the following publications :
- ex post information regarding realized generation, effective availability and unplanned outages of generating units.
- ex ante information regarding the installed capacity of the reference fleet and availability forecasts of generating units from short term to long term.
- information on the level of water reserves in France.
The following generators are involved in the transparency initiative : EDF, GDF – Suez, E.ON, Poweo and ALPIQ.
This commitment allows RTE to publish data including more than 90% of the generating units that are connected to the French transmission network.
Origin of published data
Realized information are computed by using RTE’s measures on the transmission network.
All other data are provided by generators and published by RTE.
To learn more about the specifications of publication on this website, click on this link.
You can also consult the press Release :
- 01/25/2011 - RTE et l’UFE publient de nouvelles données, pour une transparence accrue du marché français de l’électricité
- 12/14/2010 - Information on unscheduled outages of generating units over 100 MW is to be provided to the market within a 30 minutes period.
- 06/29/2010 - New step for promoting transparency in the French electricity market Forecast availability, unit by unit
- 11/23/2009 - L’UFE confirme les évolutions de ses publications sur la disponibilité du parc de production (in French only)
- 07/01/2009 - L’UFE améliore la lisibilité du parc de production, via le site Internet de RTE (in French only)
- 11/26/2008 - L'UFE enrichit la publication de données à disposition des acteurs du marché (in French only)
- 10/12/2006 - The French Electricity Association asks RTE to publish power generation data on its website.