Transparency Initiative for Electricity Generation in France
Supporting the development of transparency in the electricity market, the French producers, members of the Union Française de l'Electricité - UFE - took the initiative in 2006, in partnership with RTE, of implementing a data publication system for electricity generation in France.
Some published data are now part of the minimal common set of data relating to generation that must be made available to the market players, in accordance with Regulation (EU) No. 543/2013 of the European Commission of 14 June 2013.
However, the producers involved in the UFE's Transparency Initiative decided to maintain and continue the publication of certain data, beyond the requirements of Regulation No. 543/2013, and in particular:
- The actual generation output produced by generation units of 100 MW or more is published in H+1
- The generation forecast for the next day distinguishes programmable generation units from intermittent generation.
- Additional information may be published by the producers associated with the initiative in order to allow all market players to better assess the overall position of their generation offering.
These data, not required by Regulation No. 543/2013 are made available free of charge by UFE producers and are indicative and not contractual.
* A production unit may comprise one or several generation units.
You can also consult the press Release :
- 03/05/2013 - Transparency in the French electricity market : RTE and UFE announce more frequent updates of generation fleet availability
- 01/26/2012 - Transparency in the French electricity market : UFE and RTE publish additional information on French electricity generation
- 12/15/2011 - Transparency improvement in the French electricity market : RTE and UFE to publish new data on French power generation
- 01/25/2011 - RTE et l'UFE publient de nouvelles données, pour une transparence accrue du marché français de l'électricité
- 12/14/2010 - Information on unscheduled outages of generating units over 100 MW is to be provided to the market within a 30 minutes period.
- 06/29/2010 - New step for promoting transparency in the French electricity market Forecast availability, unit by unit
- 11/23/2009 - L’UFE confirme les évolutions de ses publications sur la disponibilité du parc de production (in French only)
- 07/01/2009 - L’UFE améliore la lisibilité du parc de production, via le site Internet de RTE (in French only)
- 11/26/2008 - L'UFE enrichit la publication de données à disposition des acteurs du marché (in French only)
- 10/12/2006 - The French Electricity Association asks RTE to publish power generation data on its website.