Actualités : détails d'une dépêche
RPT Access Rules for Imports and Exports.
Source : RTE 23/01/2002
RTE is to set up on 1 February 2002 an initial version of the Rules governing access to the French Public Transmission Network for Imports and Exports which will replace the previous contracts.
In order to meet the requests of its customers to simplify the contractual structure, RTE is setting up a single contract, the Access Rules for Imports and Exports on the French Public Power Transmission Network, instead of the 6 contracts concerning access to the RPT for imports, exports and transfers. These rules will come into force as of 1 February 2002 and are published on the RTE Web site.
Each user of the French Public Transmission Network wishing to carry out power imports or exports must sign an Agreement with RTE to take part in the Access Rules for Imports and Exports on the French Public Power Transmission Network. These rules replace the 6 previous contracts:
- Contract for access to the French Public Transmission Network for power exports;
- Contract for access to the French Public Transmission Network for power imports;
- Contract for access to the French Public Transmission Network for power transfers;
- Contract for access to the French Public Transmission Network for power exports to the France-United Kingdom interconnection (IFA);
- Contract for access to the French Public Transmission Network for power exports from the France-United Kingdom interconnection;
- Contract for access to the French Public Transmission Network to carry out power transfers, imports and exports in intra-day.
RTE, after consulting with the players of the electricity market through group C of the Committee of Power Transmission System Users entrusted with matters concerning the access to interconnections, has decided to accompany this major evolution of the contractual structure with three related changes:
- The duration of the membership and the mode of evolution of the Access Rules
Membership in these Access Rules is for an unspecified duration. This will make it possible to do away with the periodical renewals of the previous RPT access contracts. The Rules may change according to the needs while complying with a phase devoted to the consultation of the users within the scope of the Committee of Power Transmission System Users.
- The disappearance of the notion of transfer
Considering the-different scheduling conditions from one interconnection to another and the possibilities offered to the players under the Balance Responsible contract, the request to set up a transfer will now be made by the declaration of an import and an export.
- The modification of the modes of calculating the rate of utilisation of export transactions
The rate is calculated every 4 months as previously. On the other hand, to encourage a reservation at 8.30 a.m., the closest time possible to the actual utilisation of the capacity, the mode of calculation of the rate has been modified while referring no longer to the maximum power of the transaction, but to the authorisation given by RTE before 9.30 a.m.
The simplification of the contractual provisions governing access to the Public Transmission Network via the interconnections contributes to opening up the French electricity market and to the fluidity of the exchanges between European countries.
For further information, please look up our section on Interconnections.